tisdag 26 april 2016

More Madrid

The first days here have been exciting. Unfortunately I lost the Internet for a while and could not write about it. But I am glad to be online again.

Last friday I met with the musicians of Coro Gospel de Madrid and had a great four hour session with them. I know their drummer, Samuel, since long, but now they are giving the 14 year old Dani a chance to play the drums and he is fantastic. It was so great to make music with all of them!



Saturday, the day after, all the singers and musicians were together rehearsing for an upcoming concert. The Madrid Gospel choir sound better every time hear them. There many new singers there, but also some of my old friends. 

I was hoping to play the keyboards with them when they perform for the spanish queen. But unfortunately the royal concert was moved to a date when I have another concert in Sevilla. I guess the queen didn't know I was coming, huh? 

This clip has a little of the choir and a little of a future guitar player:



Sunday, yesterday, I had the chance to visit another choir here in Madrid, one that I never met before. I have heard about them many times, through my danish friend Nina Luna, and we finally got to meet. There are a couple of danes there so it was pretty easy to explain that I wanted the schedule of the day to include "fika", you know what I mean?

Gospel Blessing is their name, and they have a very generous attitude towards anybody who wants to join the choir. It was fun and inspiring to teach some new songs and make new friends. 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar