tisdag 24 februari 2015

St Petersburg Gospel Choir

After almost two weeks in St Petersburg I still don’t speak russian. And I have to say that this language will take a looooong time to master. But I hope to come bmany times to speak it. 

Tomorrow I go back to Sweden. It will be great to see my wife and daughters again! But I am also a little sad to leave my friends here. We have worked hard together, not only rehearsing new and old songs, but also travelled a lot across this huge city to perform. We have also had many talks about gospel music in Russia -what it stands for, what it means to people and how it can be used to spread good news to more listeners. I sometimes think that this is what it was like when Joybells started singing gospel in the 60’s. There are many questions, but not so many answers, and you need to know where your heart is and why you do what you do. Because if you don’t know, you start focusing on the wrong things and in one way or another you run into trouble. 

Total Praise is a great gospel group and they have a great leader in Nina! I believe that not only Russia, but many parts of the world need singers like this right now. 


This week Nina will also start St Petersburg Gospel Choir -an opportunity for people of all kinds to sing gospel here. I am pretty sure that they will have a lot of fun, because I have met some of the people that will join. But I am also pretty sure that there will be problems in the beginning. So those of you who pray -pray for Nina, Total Praise and St Petersburg Gospel Choir!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar