söndag 30 mars 2014

Gospel is gospel!

I spent the day at this event:

http://praisephilly.com/category/inspiration-music-conference/

I just came home after a loooooooong concert at Liacoutras Center in Philly, and then a looooooong drive in the rain (I got lost on the little farm roads that don't help you with any street lights or signs.). But I feel gooooood! The gospel was presented the way that only gospel music can, and I loved it!

I am too tired to tell everything the day involved, but I went to one workshop about the American gospel music industry today and where it's going. Interesting!!! And another workshop about composing. Humbling!!! I got the chance to speak with some of my role models, and meet some for the first time. Inspiring!!!

The concert in the evening was good, but not great. All the artists did singback performances, meaning they sang to recorded background music. My european friends you know what I'm talking about. We prefer to see and hear the band and the back up singers. But Donald Lawrence and Hezekiah Walker had brought their choirs, and that made a big difference. I look forward to seeing Hez again next week.

Well, so much to say, but I gotta sleep. Good night America...

1 kommentar:

  1. Thanks for telling us about your american adventure!
    We had a great concert with Ghosttrip in Flensburg yesterday , no Gospel, but pretty good!
    Greets from sunny Husby,
    Tina

    SvaraRadera