lördag 15 mars 2014

Update on Spain

Of course I can not write an update on everything I know have happened in the world of spanish music since the last time I wrote on this blog. But some things are extra interesting right now. First of all the reason for going to the United States now, is because of Dan, who I got to know at the gospel camp in Toral, close to Leon in north west Spain. Dan is now the headmaster of the music and arts department at Lancaster Bible College, and that's where I will be in March and April. Last year some of their students came with Dan to Toral, and I really hope to meet them again. They were a great group of people!

The camp in Toral in 2008 was my first encounter with the spanish gospel music and all the great people who present it. Back then Aina was only three years old, and she learned to swim in the pool next to the camp. So many memories over they years.

My "spanish" work in the spring of 2014 concerns the new CD of Gospel Gloria. Sergio and the amazing singers and musicians from Valencia recorded ten great original songs and I have the privilege to be the producer. Right now we are finishing the last of the mixing, and I hope everyone who reads this buys a copy of the CD and then buy some extra for your friends and family.

Another update for this year is the song writing class in Zaragoza, where Jonathan will help me be the professor via Skype. I think it's a part of ECAZ, the school I visited in 2012, which is also connected to the Zaragoza gospel choir and their director Marta.

I keep thinking of more things I want to share from my spanish friends, but dinner is ready. A man can't live by blogging alone. Please come back here and feel free to comment. I'm just warming up...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar