lördag 22 mars 2014

The borders of the world

One of the CD's I am working on right now is the new CD and songbook for my workshops in Germany. Actually I use the songs everywhere, but I work together with my german friends in Creative Kirche, and many of the songs are inspired by german choirs. So the only really german thing is that instead of "More products from Joakim Arenius" (in the advertisement on the back) you read "Weiter produktionen von Joakim Arenius".

But music does not have borders, and neither does faith. I have been with many german groups to New York, USA, and I will go again soon. I have been with spanish friends to Germany (Gospel Kirchentag in Dortmund 2012). I brought a russian friend to music camp in Spain last year (Toral 2013). In May I will go with my old swedish choir Joybells to Russia. And I can go on.

All this traveling is on my mind now, of course, because I will spend one month in Pennsylvania, USA, and I wonder if it really will be worth it to be away from my family for such a long time? I mean, America sometimes seems to be the country that already has everything, so why should another person go there to work?

I come from a traveling family and I believe that traveling has taught me more than school (sorry, fellow teachers). One of the students at Lancaster Bible College, who grew up in Lancaster, told me that this college is in an area where a lot of people like to stay their whole lives, and don't travel very far for vacation either. I don't know how true that is and that does not have to be a good or bad thing, per se. But maybe I can expand somebody's cultural borders by introducing a little influence from Germany, Russia, Spain, Scandinavia, Italy and other places? Ask me a month from now and I'll tell you if that's what happened.

More info about my trip is in earlier blogs, and in blogs to come.

1 kommentar:

  1. Good morning everybody
    from a sunny Husby now!

    Blessings wherever you go,
    Tina

    SvaraRadera