måndag 31 mars 2014

Music and inspiration

Yes, yesterday I was in Philadelphia for the Music & Inspiration conference. It was a lot better than expected, because it was well organized, very relaxed atmosphere, many good workshops to choose from and focused on the important things for a gospel musician in 2014. I took part in a workshop where I learned about where the american gospel music industry is right now, and how most of the industry people expect it to develop. I also took part in a composition workshop with a board consisting of some of the best composers of american gospel you can find. There were many of my favorite gospel artists there. Some that I met for the first time and some that I have developed a relationship with over the years. So in other words -very inspiring!!!

In my opinion my biggest contribution was to bring gospel music outside of the US to the agenda. On this topic Israel Houghton explained his thoughts on why he felt God calling him to Africa and Europe. It seemed like many of the americans are not aware of the impact his songs have around the world. It would be awesome if his message came through yesterday and more follow his example!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar