torsdag 27 mars 2014

Storm

I was hoping to get away from the chilly Scandinavian weather. But it turns out to be even chillier here, and VERY windy. But it is great to finally be here. Last night Dan and Lynn took me to one of the family restaurants in the area, a place I know my daughters would love. We ate a buffet with some of the typical dishes from the area, which I like a lot. This is Amish country, and that has an impact on the atmosphere, if you ask me. In my first day here I just keep thinking it that is strange how a place that is only two hours from Manhattan can be so quiet and peaceful. But I guess that's the beauty of it.

Today Dan and I went over my schedule and tomorrow morning I meet the students for the first time.

I am not yet back on track as far as emailing and connecting with the world on the other side of the ocean. But expect to be up and running during today.

1 kommentar:

  1. Good morning America,

    hope to come back to New York City for another time .... maybe in 2015 .... who will know ... I wanna do do do do do ...

    Enjoy the day, Tina

    SvaraRadera