torsdag 12 april 2012

Alcoi

South of Valencia, on the road to Alicante, is a city called Alcoi (or Alcoy if you speak the "other" language). Again it is mountains and valleys on your way to get there, and this city lies surrounded by mountains, and a little more trees than I we usually see in Valencia. I am working the whole week in a church called "Mt Zion", which is the same name as my "second" church in Staten Island, New York, the african american church where I often went to the 8 o'clock service before I continued to my church, Salem EFC.

Laura had told me that the choir in Alcoi is good, and she was right. I get excited when I work with these singers and musicians and sometimes I forget that my spanish is not so good. It happens that I smile and express my joy with a loud voice. Then I look around for people to share my joy, but all I see are people who are trying to understand what I am talking about. Well, I guess it's alright as long as we have a good time together.

On sunday we have a concert at 18.00 and if you are in Alcoi around that time you should come and enjoy good music and good fellowship.

1 kommentar:

  1. Alcoy - där tittade vi in ibland under mitt år i turistkyrkan i Bendidorm. Men det var på forntiden det - 20 år sedan.

    Ta hand om er!

    Mvh / Waldemar i Korskyrkan i Mariestad

    SvaraRadera