torsdag 26 april 2012

Quiremos dar te gloria

We wrote a new song today. I had my first composition workshop with Coro Gloria today, and in a few minutes we had the basic idea for a new song. It was only a small part of a song, but it was fun to see what we could do with it.

I tried to present some things that I believe are important when you compose music. It was a lot of interesting questions and good thoughts about how to compose from the other singers and musicians. On saturday we will meet again to spend the whole day together composing. Maybe there are some complete new songs after that?

1 kommentar:

  1. This post reminded me to tell you thanks for the little bit of composing workshop we did in ZAZ, It was an encouragement for me to pay attention to those song fragments that come along unbidden all the time, and make sure they get recorded! So now I have several starts on new songs. And it encouraged me to finish things I started long ago. Now two songs are getting ready to go to a homeless shelter in Chicago, one for promo and one for the guys to sing. It's a bit scary to send blues and R&B to African-American men on the south side of Chicago! But so far they are happy with the demo. I guess when you (Joakim) set out to encourage people you never know where it will end up. :-)

    Someone told me about a Toby Keith video called "Red Solo Cup" (you know, those cheap red plastic disposable cups. Do you have them in Sweden?). It's a bit raunchy and maybe not appropriate for a workshop, I don't know. But it's proof that you can write a song about anything.

    Kram frän Zaragoza

    SvaraRadera