lördag 7 april 2012

Oh, la sangre!

Last night was the Good friday (viernes santa) service in "our" church in Valencia. As in many parts of the world several churches came together to celebrate unity and together remember what the death of Jesus means to us to today. There were three pastors that preached and the message was about fear. It was interesting to me because I have spoken about fear here in Spain, and also wrote in this blog about it. "No hay miedo" -no fear! Fear often stops us from becoming who we are meant to be. Jesus can take away that fear. If Jesus conquered death, then he can conquer anything, and he can take away the fear that you or I have for certain things in our life.

My biggest fear last night was that the last pastor never would stop preaching. It is funny how some preachers believe that God could create the universe in only six days, but He needs 45 minutes to say "you don't need to worry".

Coro Gloria was great and I wish they had sung more songs in the service. One of their songs was "Oh, la sangre" which Thorine and I sang in english when we were members of the Credo Choir in Stockholm, 20 years ago  -"Oh, the blood". It was great to hear it in spanish!

We took advantage of my parents presence here by asking them to put the kids to bed, while Thorine and I went with some dear friends to a restaurant at the end of the evening. A great way to finish the day!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hi,
    I wish you all a good time with family and friends during the Easter weekend !
    Greetings from sunny but stormy Husby,
    blessings,
    Tina

    SvaraRadera
  2. jajaja hope the last pastor don't read your blog!! ;)
    M

    SvaraRadera