söndag 13 maj 2012

No!

Many people ask me if I ever get tired of music, or gospel music in particular, or working with christians, or travelling, or working with amateur choirs, or other questions that start with "do you ever get tired of...", and the truth is "no"!

No, I don't get tired of doing what I do. Sometimes I get tired of my own personality, because I have some kind of extreme desire to always do things that nobody else did before me, and that is often bad for myself, my family and my closest work buddies. But even if I have this desire to explore new things and new music, I have not forgotten the love for my roots. "Oh happy day" is a gospel classic that people outside of church always want to listen to, and gospel choirs always are tired of singing. With "Gospel Coro de Castilla La Mancha" I was priviliged to direct "Oh happy day" and I loved every minute of it. I did not have much time to get to know this choir, so when I was directing them in concert I had to look into their eyes to see if they were up to doing something fun with the song.... and I was glad to see that they were! We had a great time with "Oh happy day"! I am so glad that there are choirs who like to bring their energy into this song, and I am glad that I still have the love for this song!

No, I am not tired of doing the classic songs. How could I be?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar