söndag 13 maj 2012

Snails and pigs

I have been away from the Internet over the weekend, so I could not write about my experience with the singers and musicians in Albacete, Castilla La Mancha. I will write about it tomorrow, and leave no details.

There is lots to say, of course, but before I forget it I want to share my first meal with the Albacetians with you!

Pedro and Pedro is kind of the central figures in this choir. Last Friday, after Pedro, Pedro and I had picked up the new drum kit for the concert, we had a meal in some restaurant in a suburb of Albacete. We had "tapas", which means that everybody around the table share the same plates. Something unusual for a swedish person could be that one of the plates was full of snails (I counted and estimated between 80-100 snails on the plate) and another plate had pieces of the tail of a pig ("knorr" for my swedish friends). I am not sure how big the tail of a pig really is, but I ate five pieces and ackording to my spanish friends I probably ate almost a complete tail. It tasted, well, it was kind of... pigtailish.
The snails were ok. I have eaten snails before. The difference this time was that they were smaller and the eyes were still pointing out at me. So every snail was kind of looking at me with that typical "why me"-look that only a snail can give you. But I ate them anyway and tried to not look them in the eyes before introducing them to the pigtails.

After this interesting meal started my weekend in Albacete which included a talented piano player that I had already worked with in Alcoi and four brothers who I have heard stories about in every city I visited in Spain. Stay tuned...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar