lördag 24 mars 2012

En español! Todo en español!

We have arrived in Zaragoza. Another city where we have many friends. I have met the gospel choir of Zaragoza a couple of times before, and it is always a pleasure! It is always a lot of laughter with this choir.

We had a workshop day today. Singing from early morning (well, early is actually not so early in Spain) until evening. The whole day I tried to speak spanish. I think it worked most of the time, but I probably sound stupid every now and then. Only one time did I use a friend, Alena, to help me translate, and it was when I presented Gospel Kirchentag in Dortmund and invited more people from Spain to join us there.

We did the song "Wherever I go" completely in spanish, and for me it was supercool! But it was difficult to remember the melody, all the moves in the song, plus the spanish lyrics. The Zaragoza choir did much better than I did.

We finish the day together with the director, Marta, who together with her husband Samuel always take great care of us in Zaragoza. They have invited more family to come over for dinner. My head is still tired from all the spanish speaking today, so maybe I will not be fun at the dinner table tonight. But you never know?

2 kommentarer:

  1. It would really be great to sing and move this song together with spanish Gospelsingers at Gospelkirchentag! Greetings to Marta and Sam! Blessings Susanne

    SvaraRadera
  2. Heyy Joakim!
    I am so happy you invited the spanish people to visit my hometown for Gospelkirchentag. I'd be very happy to meet some of them there. You are a true friend of ours.

    SvaraRadera