lördag 3 mars 2012

Friends along the road

We are going to bed tonight in a city called Erkrath, close to Düsseldorf, Germany. It has been a wonderful day, even though we did much driving and are very tired. I realized that we passed so many cities where I have friends who mean a lot to me. It makes driving the car so much easier and inspiring to know about the people I have met over the years in Germany and how much it meant to me to have them in my life.

We had our lunch stop in Bremen today, where I was just a few weeks ago to do a workshop, and of course we had lunch with Bremens most excited trio of gospel freaks. They had some problems with the police when we met them, and we'll see if we read about it in the news tomorrow.

Arriving in Witten I spent some time with my Creative Kirche friends. We made plans for a lot of cool things in the future, and one of them was to make good plans for the spanish gospel singers who show up at Gospel Kirchentag in Dortmund in June. Another thing was to talk about the Soul Teens project, and I got the chance to listen to the groovy Witten Soul Teens.

While I was at Creative Kirches office the rest of my family went for a swim at a bath house. It turned out that friday night was nudist night. Quite a surprise, but I was informed that everybody handled the situation in a proper manner.

Unfortunately I missed another great choir called Praise Time, from Erkrath. But there is a chance I meet them soon anyway.

1 kommentar:

  1. It is so great you visited my hometown Witten. Reading your text makes me feel you like it there. I am so sad I wasn't able to look in. Have a good night in Erkrath.
    CU Katie

    SvaraRadera