tisdag 20 mars 2012

Real bombs

I remember when Thorine and I lived in New York that I often thought about how I could understand, a little bit better, the immigrants who come to Sweden. Now that we are in Spain I understand it even a little bit more, because the langauage is much more difficult for us here. Still there are things I can never understand. Here at the Fallas festival in Valencia there are "mazcletas" going on 24/7. That means fireworks and bombs. But in other countries the bombs are real and there is no way to escape it. Today I closed my eyes for a few seconds as we walked through the city and listened to all the mazcletas. Even though I don't like the loud noise from all these celebrations, it is still a lot better than listening to bombs that actually intend to kill you. When I opened my eyes again I was surrounded by people celebrating, some very dear friends and my family. We live in a wonderful part of the world!

We were again out with friends and we celebrated the last day of the Fallas. After this Valencia will be back to normal.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar