onsdag 14 mars 2012

The first day on the job

After almost a full day of working by the computer while my family enjoyed the sunshine in the garden, I looked forward to start my work here and learn more about the spanish music ministry. I had agreed with Laura, who helps me with everything I need to know, to teach “Mi Padre (My Father)” to the church choir she directs. For me that was a perfect start, because I would meet the choir from “our” church, I would get the chance to know more about how Laura works with the choir and I would work with a song that means a lot to me.
Unfortunately it became a day of learning instead of music. It is time for Fallas in Valencia, which is like the carnival in Rio. So instead of driving into the city, I drove my car to the nearest metro station with the intention of taking the metro to church. But the Fallas festivities surrounded the metro station too, and I ran into one problem after another. When I finally got to the church, the choir practice was over. It could have been a big disappointment, but the choir still made me feel very welcome as we chatted for a few minutes. They had practiced “Mi Padre” and we sang it together, which was a blessed moment for me. I really look forward to meeting them again!

I think next tuesday I know how to get to church faster!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar