torsdag 29 mars 2012

No hay miedo

The whole week in Zaragoza I meet students from the Christian school of music here. Yesterday I was with the piano students, tomorrow I will met the guitar players, but tonight was a larger group of all kinds of musicians. We worked with the song "On the cross" and tried to bring as much as we could of the traditional gospel feeling out of it. It was exciting for me, because both the students and teachers took part in it, and we found many different ways to look at how we play this kind of music. Of all the things I said tonight and yesterday I think the most important thing is "no hay miedo" -no fear! Sometimes musicians or singers are shy and insecure, and it sounds like we are afraid of the instrument. We must remind us to play without fear, and instead to bring out what the song says -joy, pain, sadness or whatever it could be. Tonight we played with a lot of joy, and it was great for me to hear the musicians play their instruments without fear and just jamming with the song! 

Another cool thing was that when I opened my email a few minutes ago, my friend Pelle had sent me the same song, "On the cross", as it will be on the "Inspired"-CD. The lead vocal is done by Nina Luna from Denmark and she did an amazing job with solo parts!!! I hope you get a chance to hear her sing it!

1 kommentar:

  1. Really amazing class. You're a great teacher...hopefully I was be one like you when I'm Young. Never is to late for to learn music again, right?!!! Tak!!

    SvaraRadera