söndag 18 mars 2012

Same message

This morning I was at my first church service in Valencia. The pastor really touched me with his sermon. One reason is that two years ago I was with my family in New York, and we visited the church that Thorine and I used to go to when we lived there, Salem EFC. The pastor in New York gave almost exactly the same message from the same passage of the bible as the one I heard today. The name of the pastor in Salem is Edward and the name of the pastor here is Eduardo. The message was from the beginning of the book of Romans, and they preached about how Jesus taught us to not judge people who are different than ourselves. This is one of the things that many christians have a problem with. But it was powerful to hear the same message one more time, in another country, by another Ed. I will read the book of Romans again tonight and think about what this means when you travel from one culture to another.

1 kommentar:

  1. That sounds good! Yesterday PraiseTime were singing in a service "No better than you" and I was thinking almost about the same thing: "How difficult it can be not to judge over sombody who feels things different, has a different backround or culture or tradition..."

    SvaraRadera