tisdag 29 april 2014

About life

Almost everyday, during the past month, I have had conversations about the big things in life, related to music and faith in most cases. The students at the college are preparing themselves for their place in life after school. America's place in world politics affects everybody in different ways. European and american worship music is building bridges between cultures, but for some reason sometimes building walls instead. So many topics have been discussed the past weeks and I have met so many wise people who make me grow as a person.

The 55 swedes who visited from Stockholm Gospelchoir festival turned out to be a very mixed group and I found myself discussing everything from holy spirit quickstep to communion-to-go. Very refreshing. New York is always full of surprises and it is both fun and educating to experience them with friends.

The students at the college have showed me that the young american generation have a lot more interest in what's going on in the rest of the world, than I thought before coming here. I will blog separately about that.





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar