måndag 7 april 2014

I wish I had somebody to...

...give Him some praise in this room right now!!!

A lot of phrases like this were shared with us today as we had gospel Sunday in New York. Me and the other 55 swedes visited some of my "usual" churches. That means churches I love to visit on a Sunday and where I have celebrated worship services with many groups from Europe.

We went to three churches in one day, which can be a shock if your not familiar with this culture. What I am talking about is the style of worship in the african american churches we visited. The swedish people were on this trip to learn more about this, and they seemed inspired, more than shocked. But of course there were the usual doubts, for example with the loud volume on the sound system, and the length of the worship songs. I know many of you who read this know very well what I mean.

Personally I enjoy the differences in our cultures. It means that diversity is a part of the plan for the creation. I don't think we can or are supposed to understand each other always, but we are supposed to enjoy each others differences and learn about the different ways that God can be manifested through His people.

Tomorrow I get up early to go to my other home in Lancaster and have early choir practice. As I lay down to sleep tonight, I feel blessed. God never stops putting me in situations where there are wonderful people and great music. I wish I could have somebody who would just...

1 kommentar:

  1. Well, I would love to visit a Gospel service in New York City one day !
    Once my daughter and me we spent two hours on Sunday in an american church in Berlin. They had a great choir and we ve never heard so many "Hallelujah , praise the Lord" in such a short time - a very interesting experience !
    Hallelujah, ... wonderful,
    Tina

    SvaraRadera