tisdag 22 april 2014

Go west

Today I was reunited with Mia, who took over the choir in Salem after I left New York in 2001. She moved with her husband to western Pennsylvania and is now doing a great job with the music in her church. Last time we met Stella was ten months old, which means it's been eleven years. But we were catching up fast.

I did a workshop in her church, where I taught some of my songs and shared my european way of doing things. The room was full of singers and we had a lot of fun. Of course I work in different ways with things in the US, compared to the european countries. For example, I don't have to teach them how to annunciate the english words.

Today grandmothers were singing with their granddaughters and every generation in between. The variety of age groups also added to the nice atmosphere in the choir.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar